Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Manú

Our trip to Manú this weekend was fantastic. I have always loved nature, hiking, bird watching, animals, and those other "outdoors" activities. Unfortunately, my time has recently been more concerned with Elon life and is usually is spent in a classroom. Going to college has taken me away from my "earthy-crunchy, rock climbing, backpacking, playing-in-the-mud, let´s go camping" self due to a simple lack of time. It has been something that I miss a lot, but no longer make a priority.

Obviously, hiking through the rainforest was a lot of fun for me. It brought me back to when I was younger. I was reminded of the excitment I used to feel at summer camp walking through the forest. There is something about being surrounded by green that is very relaxing. I very much enjoy being in nature, although I hate mosquitos and tend to freak out when creepy insects with many legs crawl on me. Luckily, I did not have too many insects crawling on me, with the exception of accidentatally stepping on an ant hill and getting a couple ant bites on my ankle. I found the whole trip very worthwhile. I initially doubted whether I should take this class because I had already fulfilled my spanish requirements, but I am glad I decided to take the class and that I had the opportunity to go on this trip.

-Amanda Gross

No comments: